Sunday, February 19, 2012

Back to the Future: The 80s vol. 2 - Rockpile -The Bottom Line Club NYC 11/80

Jon Johnson, my sadly departed best friend from college, turned me onto some really cool music.  While I knew Slippin' Away and I Hear you Knockin' by Dave Edmunds, i was knew to his real band, Rockpile.  It was this band that started my life long love of Rock-a-billy music.  Sadly, the band was a one album/tour and done proposition.

Dave Edmunds is an English institution.  While he hasn't put our a record in years, solo or otherwise, he still commands a loyal following during his numerous solo accoustic tours.

For whatever reason, quite a few of the Rockpile shows were recorded for radio.....I guess I should mention who the heck Rockpile are....Dave Edmunds-guitar/vocals, Nick Lowe-bass/vocals, Billy Bremner-guitar/vocals, and Terri Williams-drums.  As you can see, quite a lineup!  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!!!!!

Rockpile at the Bottom Line Club 11/80

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment